Private Mt Dandenong and Yarra Valley Winery Tour
Start your day at the summit of Mt. Dandenong- overlooking views of Melbourne city, the Great Dividing Range, and the Port Phillip Bay. At Sky High, you may decide to have a coffee at the café, wander through a beautiful English garden, or simply gaze over the views of Victoria.
Explore William Ricketts Sanctuary. Located in a lush rainforest with ferns and towering trees over 80 meters high, William Ricketts has created a spiritual sculpture garden like no other. Depicting tales of early settlement and the Aboriginal Australians. See how nature and art come together in this mystical place.
Take a scenic drive through the mountains, where you will notice the lush green ferns slowly disappearing into hills dotted with vines!
Relax and enjoy a fabulous winery lunch and tasting.
Your Mt. Dandenong and Yarra Valley winery tour is private, flexible, and tailored around your interests; the wonderful day will be filled with local produce and excellent wines.
Proposed Tour Itinerary
Duration: 7-8 hours
- 9.30 AM Pick up from your accommodation in Melbourne CBD
- Arrive in Mount Dandenong
- Explore Sassafras, a charming mountain village
- Sky High Historic Lookout (excellent views overlooking Melbourne City & surrounds)
- William Ricketts Sanctuary (an artistic sculpture garden, inspired by Indigenous cultures; set among a rain forest)
- Arrive in the Yarra Valley
- Indulge in a lunch (suggestions are: Yering Station, for a fine-dine Modern-Australian winery lunch; Giant Steps, for a Modern-Australian with a Mediterranean twist in an eclectic setting; Soumah for a boutique winery lunch experience, featuring Modern Italian cuisine).
- Wine tasting at a boutique winery (suggestions are Soumah, Hanrahan, Medhurst, Yarra Yering)
- Flexible options to suit you (dairy farm, chocolate factory, brewery or boutique wineries)
- Return to your accommodation in Melbourne by 5.30 PM
William Ricketts Sanctuary
Explore a sculpture garden located in the lush rainforest of the Dandenong Mountains. William Ricketts has dedicated his life creating a wonderland filled with sculpture that depicts the aboriginal Australians spirituality and stories of early settlement. This is a place that is beyond special and will be a highlight of your Australian trip.
Sky High view spot
You will have some amazing views at Sky High overlooking Melbourne city, the Great Dividing Range.
Yarra Valley Winery Tour
Enjoy the beautiful Yarra Valley. Located in the valley of the Great Dividing Range, this area offers excellent boutique wine, gourmet lunches, and scenic views over the vineyard dotted hills.
On a Yarra Valley private tour, you will be able to explore the best boutique wineries that the region can offer. Come with us and experience the difference.
Healesville Sanctuary (Wildlife Sanctuary)
Picnic Lunch Experience (Secluded Location overlooking Wonderful Views)
Miss Marples Tea Room
Yarra Valley Dairy
Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery
Kangaroos in the Wild Experience
Our standard private Mt Dandenong and Yarra Valley Wine tour includes a fantastic private tour guide, accommodation pick-up & drop-ff, a modern well-appointed touring vehicle, complimentary water, entry into Sky High Lookout, wine-tasting fees, Goods & Services Tax, and surcharges.
Pricing varies seasonally and are subject to change.
Please use the below form to email us and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!