Melbourne’s Best Tour
This is really Melbourne’s Best Tour- this day has it all and will be one of the most special highlights of your trip in Australia!
We have completely customized this itinerary to ensure it’s exclusive to our company. All the drive times are under 1 hour throughout the duration of this tour, therefore, you’ll have the opportunity to spend more time doing activities and sightseeing, rather than sitting in a car.
You will travel through farm land, city highlights, beach side towns, mountain towns, rainforest, wine country, and see many unique Australian wildlife in the wild and in a zoo on Melbourne’s Best Tour.
These are some of the locations you will visit on your private Melbourne sightseeing tour.
- Dandenong Mountain
- Yarra Valley
- Botanical Gardens
- Melbourne City Highlights
- Brighton Beach & Beach Boxes
This tour is for up-beat people who want a real unique Australian adventure. The itinerary is loaded, so time frames may apply to ensure you get the most out of your day.
- Pick up 9.00-10.30am
- Scenic drive towards the Dandenong Mountains
- Drive through the Botanical Gardens area (Quick walk through the Botanical Gardens)
- Heritage listed homes
- Shrine of Remembrance
- Scenic drive through Melbourne’s most wealthy suburbs
- Drive through lush forest and cottage style homes in the Dandenong Mountains
- Private view spot overlooking the Yarra Valley
- Visit William Ricketts Sanctuary (amazing art sculptures with an Aboriginal influence set among a rainforest).
- Yarra Valley winery tasting
- Winery lunch or picnic lunch and wild bird feeding at Bunyip Wier National Park (you may pick up food from the main town and indulge among the natural scenery).
- Healesville Sanctuary Wildlife Park (largest wildlife sanctuary in Australia) CLICK HERE for wildlife encounters.
- Wild kangaroos experience (walk through the farmland and view kangaroos in the wild!).
- Return to Melbourne area
- Scenic drive through Melbourne
- Parliament House
- Albert Park Lake view spot (Grand Prix track drive)
- St Kilda (beach side town)
- Melbourne’s bay
- Brighton Beach Boxes (colourful and historic beach boxes on the beautiful bay).
- Special view spot (We recommend this area to have dinner on the bay at Brighton Beach- either casual fish and chips on the beach or a restaurant dinner).
- As the sun sets, there is another small “little penguins” colony close to Brighton. Only 15 minutes’ drive from Melbourne city, you may see up to 30 little penguins come ashore. We have a special light that allows us to see them clearly and take high resolution photos. It’s a spectacular phenomenon to watch these little penguins interact in their habitats.
- Return to your hotel
Please note: This tour has seasonal start and finish times. In winter and spring, we will go direct to the penguins after a scenic drive through Melbourne city sites. This is due to the penguins coming out as the sun goes down.
Australia's most diverse native wildlife collection.
Explore the best city sights on a scenic drive.
Views overlooking the Melbounre city and the Brighton Beach huts.
Watch little penguins in the wild at a Melbourne based secret colony.
William Ricketts Sanctuary
Indigenous inspired sculpture garden in the rainforest.
Historic and colourful beach boxes along the bay.
Taste some excellent wines.Choose to sit overlooking this view for a nice lunch.
Our Melbourne’s Best Private Tour includes a fantastic renowned tour guide, hotel pick up and drop off, a modern well-appointed touring vehicle, complimentary water, entry into the Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary, wine-tasting, Goods & Services Tax and surcharges.
Pricing varies throughout different times of the year and based on your requirements. We may tailor a day-tour or package to suit your interests.
Please use the below form to email us and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!